A friend of mine sent me this recipe, that came originally from Danielle Walker on AgainstAllGrain.com. It’s great option when you are hoping for something sweet and bread-like, but you don’t want to use wheat flour or refined sugar.
SERVES: 2 mini loaves, or you can also try the batter in a muffin pan
- 1-1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 organic eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup raw honey
- 1 ripe organic banana
- 1 cup shredded, unpeeled organic zucchini
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a small bowl.
- Place the wet ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer, then beat on medium for 1-2 minutes until frothy and fully combined. Add the zucchini and beat again just enough to incorporate.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients with the mixer running, until all of the flour mixture has been incorporated.
- Spoon the batter into 2 mini loaf pans or into a muffin pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the middle is set and a toothpick comes out clean.