4 cups shredded, cooked Organic Chicken (Organic Rotisserie is great for this)
3 Quarts Organic Chicken Broth
3-inch chunk of Organic Ginger, peeled and smashed (no need to dice)
1 stalk of Organic Lemongrass, smashed and then roughly chopped or (substitute 1tsp dried Organic Lemongrass.)
2 tbl Red Boat Organic Fish Sauce (or any organic brand of choice)
1 Cup, thinly sliced Organic Crimini Mushrooms
3 Organic Chives, thinly sliced
Diced Organic Chives
Diced Organic Jalapeno Peppers (seeds removed unless you like it REALLY HOT)
Organic Sriracha Chili Sauce
Fresh Organic Thai Basil (Italian is good too if you can’t find Thai) (cleaned, leaves kept whole)
Fresh Organic Mint Leaves (cleaned, and leaves kept whole)
Chopped Fresh Organic Cilantro
Thinly sliced Organic Pea Pods
2 cups Organic Bean Sprouts, washed & tails pinched off
1/2 Organic Lime, cut into 4 wedges
Optional: 1 lb Organic Dried Brown Rice Noodles (about 1/4″ wide)
1. Pull the cooked chicken meat from the bones, discarding the bones and skin. Shred the meat with your fingers; you should have about 4 cups. (This step can be done a day ahead.) For those who want noodles, cook based on package instructions and set aside in separate bowl. Drizzle with Organic Olive Oil to keep noodles from sticking. Do not add noodles to broth!
2. In a large saucepan, bring the chicken stock to a boil over high heat. Add in smashed ginger and lemongrass and simmer for 15 minutes. Add shredded Chicken, Mushrooms & Chives to the pot and simmer for another 30-40 minutes. Taste for seasoning (Sea Salt & Pepper if needed) and add fish sauce, if needed. Remove ginger from the broth before serving, or mince and add back to the broth.
3. To ready the garnishes, arrange the basil, mint, chives, pea pods, bean sprouts, lime wedges, and jalapeno on a platter and place on the table. Put chopped cilantro in small bowl for soup garnish and Siracha sauce for those that like more heat.
4. Divide the Bean Sprouts (and/or rice noodles evenly among warmed soup bowls). I personally use extra bean sprouts in place of the noodles. Top each serving with the broth/chicken.
5. For Garnish, my favorite is to use them all! Using your hands, break mint and basil leaves into small pieces and add to the broth, sprinkle chopped cilantro, jalapeno, chives, and pea pods. Finish with a drizzle of Siracha sauce.