Love avocados and add half of one to my protein shake every day – makes it so smooth and creamy!
Ten Reasons Why An Avocado a Day Will Keep The Doctor Away!
by Robert O. Young D.Sc., Ph.D., NMD
1. Avocados contain the 18 amino acids required to form complete protein that is used more efficiently by the body than are proteins found in meat.
2. Avocados contain more natural fiber than any other fruit, and this high fiber content aids in the buffer of dietary and metabolic acids and total body absorption of nutrients.
3. Healthy fats found in avocados raise “good” cholesterol (HDL) while lowering “bad” cholesterol (LDL) and triglycerides by 20%.
4. Avocados contain 35% more potassium than a banana does. Potassium is important because it regulates blood pressure and to maintain the alkaline design of the body fluids.
5. Avocados provide the lutein necessary to protect you from age-related eye degeneration and reproductive cancers.
6. The anti-inflammatory or anti-acid properties of avocados prevent and/or treat rheumatoid arthritis.
7. Sufficient amounts of oleic acid improve your cardiovascular system and protect against prostate and breast cancer.
8. Vitamin B6 and folic acid control homocysteine levels – high quantities of homocysteine are linked to an increased risk of death from heart disease.
9. Glutathione boosts your body’s immune system, keeps your nervous system healthy and is a powerful antioxidant for reducing and eliminating dietary and metabolic acids.
10. Avocado are alkalizing to the blood and tissues